[GNC-dev] Patelco stopped supporting OFX... other options

Jean Laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:28:15 EDT 2020

For those interested in plaid.
Today I got a response to my inquiry about being allowed to retrieve
investment information using the free dev environment.
> Typically Liabilities and Investments product is only available under
> our custom contract model which starts at a $500 per month committed
> spend with Plaid. However, we do allow up to 5 free
> investments/liabilities accounts to be connected for free in our Dev
> environment. Mortgages are launching in a few months, they will be
> under Liabilities along with credit cards and student loans which are
> available today.
So with plaid, if they do honor the above (they did for me), you can
retrieve transactions from up to 100 banks, up to 5 of which can be
investment institutions. The sales person did not tell me whether they
would allow a user to pay for additional accounts and how much that
would be.
I tried the api on one of my investment accounts and it worked right off
the bat. I was able to retrieve holdings, transactions, etc.

So plaid is definitely a solution albeit with security concerns.
I wish all this stuff was open source, and all this bank info data would
be at our fingertips without having to go through third parties like
that. But that's the current state of affairs.

Jean