[GNC-dev] A little hint for xcode usage (scheme)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Mar 8 23:27:03 EDT 2020

From the command line, lldb bin/gnucash

br se -n foo
or you can use the gdb compatibility version, b foo.

emacs gud mode apparently doesn't support lldb and I've never bothered to try anyway. I do sometimes wish for compiling in emacs when I'm working through 400 lines of template errors, but so far not enough to figure out how to import all of the necessary environment to make it work. Immediate productivity always seems more important than taking a week to learn a new tool.

I'm occasionally tempted to consider switching to bbedit or vscode, but after 35 years of emacs it would be a lot of learning time that could be spent on more useful things.

Regards,
John Ralls