[GNC-dev] Ideas for account type-ahead modification

Jean Laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 18:37:32 EDT 2020

> you saw
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Adding_Preferences?

Well, it looks like this is out of date.
For example src/gnome-utils/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade no
longer exists.
I can only see:
./gnucash/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade
./share/gnucash/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade

Following the instructions as best as I could, I'm still unable to make
it work. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm replicating exactly what is
done for the "enter-moves-to-end" preference, yet the pref does not work.
Where is the actual preference file located? (i.e., where gnucash saves
its pref for the next time it opens). I haven't been able to locate it,
despite the indications found in the wiki...

J.