[GNC-dev] Ideas for account type-ahead modification

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Mar 12 18:52:13 EDT 2020

> On Mar 12, 2020, at 3:37 PM, Jean Laroche <ripngo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> you saw
>> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Adding_Preferences?
>
> Well, it looks like this is out of date.
> For example src/gnome-utils/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade no longer exists.
> I can only see:
> ./gnucash/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade
> ./share/gnucash/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade
>
> Following the instructions as best as I could, I'm still unable to make it work. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm replicating exactly what is done for the "enter-moves-to-end" preference, yet the pref does not work.
> Where is the actual preference file located? (i.e., where gnucash saves its pref for the next time it opens). I haven't been able to locate it, despite the indications found in the wiki...

Yes, it's a bit out of date. The source file is gnucash-git/gnucash/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade and it's moved to build_dir/share/gnucash/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade by make/ninja and installed in $PREFIX/share/gnucash/gtkbuilder/dialog-preferences.glade.

On MacOS application preferences are written to plists in ~/Library/Preferences. Ours is named org.gnucash.Gnucash.plist.

Regards,
John Ralls