[GNC-dev] Question about account list and typeahead

jeanl ripngo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:34:25 EDT 2020

Guys,

When we're in the account list view (the main gnucash page), you can start
typing and this will open the account list to the first matching account.
This is very convenient to quickly access an account in a large, deep
hierarchy.
However if the account tree isn't expanded, its leaf accounts are not
matched, so unless the tree is fully expanded, the type ahead account match
isn't terribly useful.

Question: Is this on purpose? I would imagine that would not be hard to fix,
so there must be a reason why it hasn't been...

NOTE: This has nothing to do with the PR I submitted about matching account
in the transaction editing dialog)
Jean

--
Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html