[GNC-dev] PDF Reports

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Mar 18 12:14:58 EDT 2020

To complete that comment, pagination is fixed on webkit2, but that works only on Linux. The WebKitGtk maintainers removed support for Windows as part of the WebKit 1->2 transition and on MacOS WebKit2 Javascript fails to return anything so charts don't render. The simplest workaround is to export the HTML, load that in a native browser, and print or generate a PDF from there.

Regards,
John Ralls

> On Mar 18, 2020, at 6:33 AM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
> the PDF / pagination issue is due to WebKit, so whether it works or not
> will depend on your platform and what webkit version is available to
> you/us.
>
> -derek
>
> On Wed, March 18, 2020 9:19 am, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:
>> On 3/17/2020 11:00 PM, David Carlson wrote:
>>> I added gnucash-user to the cc to distribute this to wider audience.
>>>
>>> I believe that if you export to pdf, then some pdf readers do split
>>> between
>>> lines.  I think Firefox is one that works ok, but it has been a while