[GNC-dev] Transaction matcher, code to detect many-to-one matches?

jean laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:19:24 EDT 2020

I fully agree that it's non trivial. It's a combinatorial problem in
theory, to find the match that gives the highest overall score.
But this is academic musing! In practice, we're not faced with
complicated types of scenario and the matcher only has to give a "good"
solution, not necessarily the best.

But in any case, it should definitely NOT offer to match all OFX to the
same account transaction!
That's just a bug.
Also, it should not try to match an OFX transaction to an already
cleared, or reconciled transaction.
That's also a bug.

Jean