[GNC-dev] Transaction matcher, code to detect many-to-one matches?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu May 7 11:56:35 EDT 2020

> On May 6, 2020, at 9:46 PM, jeanl <ripngo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What about this question?
>
> On a related note, is it expected that an already-cleared transactions
> should appear in the list of matches, if the "Enable update match action"
> option isn't on? It seems that it shouldn't but maybe I don't quite
> understand the match logic...

Uh, what question?

IMO clearing/reconciling and download matching are somewhat orthogonal at least for most OFX imports because of the FITID. When an import includes FITID fields then all splits without an online-id are legitimate candidates for matching. In the absence of FITID information I suppose that cleared or reconciled splits might reasonably be rejected, but if we were to adopt a scoring system as Chris suggests then perhaps being cleared or reconciled could be a score reduction rather than an outright exclusion.

Regards,
John Ralls