[GNC-dev] "Mortgage Repayment Druid"

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 21 01:41:39 EDT 2020

I've seen several threads over the years that a user wanted to make an
SX based on the current account balance. I'm glad to see the code
exists, and hope to see it finally included.

I'll make my way through that PR discussion and chime in once I have a
grasp of the nuances, but for now, I'd say this will also be very useful
for envelope budgeting. This was my first hangup trying to implement it.

I've also seen a use case of someone calculating their charitable
donations based on the balance of some accounts at a certain point in
time, so grabbing that automatically would be nice.

This might turn out to be 'build it and they will come' sort of code.
People may find uses for it that aren't anticipated yet.

Regards,
Adrien