[GNC-dev] "Mortgage Repayment Druid"

Jean Laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:08:58 EDT 2020

Note that there is a pull request that adds the ability to use the
current balance of an account in a scheduled transaction.
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/682

This allows setting up a scheduled transaction for your mortgage payment
that's smart enough to compute the interest owned based on the current
balance of the mortgage account. So for example, if you make an extra
payment, the scheduled transactions created by the current "Mortgage &
Loan Repayment Assistant" will all be off. But if you setup your
schedule transaction to use the current balance to compute the interest
owned, the correct interest will be calculated no matter your
prepayments etc.

That pull request has been sitting on the list since April, as the
powers that be don't seem to think it's a priority or even a good idea
to merge it into maint or master. Check it out, and voice your interest
if you think that would be useful to you.

Jean