[GNC-dev] [GNC] Tabs Behaviors in GNC4.1

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 21 14:03:25 EDT 2020

On 9/21/20 11:15 AM, John Ralls wrote:
> Adrien,
>
> You might prefer gnucash-patches. gnucash-changes includes the code diff while gnucash-patches has just the commit message. Both link to the commit on GitHub so if you feel a need to look at a patch it's only a click away.

Thanks, I'll check that out as well, though the diffs don't bother me. I
have only used the tool sparingly so far and want to learn how to read
the results more fluently. I could be wrong, but I'm going to hazard the
guess that following the diffs will prompt me to start learning the code
base and get in the habit of pulling up those sections to examine them.
I find it is one thing to try to read existing code, but quite another
to see how developers make changes to it.

> Like gnucash-announce those are send-only lists. They don't accept posts from subscribers. If you want to comment on a commit you'll need a GitHub account.

Certainly, I thought that might be why Gmane wasn't carrying them, but
then they carry -announce which is also send-only. I'm already on GitHub
but other than one-off issues I've reported or followed here or there
for other various projects I'm not a daily user. That needs to change.

> Those lists reflect only commits to the repositories. You'll have to monitor https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pulls to keep up with work in progress. Github publishes an RSS feed on the page.

There's the ticket, I think I'll switch to that method, thanks again!

Regards,
Adrien