[GNC-dev] Just curious, images to file or MySQL

Jeff beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 04:40:05 EST 2021

Since GNC is based on XML and MySQL, how hard would it be to upgrade to
link the code to a MySQL database format for document saving (i.e.check
images) instead of just an XML hard link to a file?

Even though there seems to be a limit on the number of transactions that
you can convert from XML to MySQL. 3 years works, 30 doesn't.  I have
30+ in my ledger and cannot get it to convert from XML to MySQL. My
dad's only has less than 4 years and converts fine to MySQL.

Saving to an image file currently limits you to one drive and a specific
file.  MySQL would allow saving to wherever the database of images
exists as a list of blobs.  Hard drive upgrades would be much simpler.

Again just curious.

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.