[GNC-dev] New OFX Requirements For USAA FSB
jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Feb 13 23:04:05 EST 2021
> On Feb 13, 2021, at 6:20 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>> On Feb 12, 2021, at 5:08 PM, Martin Preuss <martin at aquamaniac.de> wrote:
>> Am 13.02.21 um 00:07 schrieb John Ralls:
>>> The next GnuCash release is 6 weeks from Sunday. This has nothing to do with GnuCash code so that doesn't really matter except that it's the next regular opportunity to update the bundled AQBanking for flatpak, macOS, and Microsoft Windows. Once Martin releases a new AQBanking version with the changes we can generate new bundles on 4.4, we needn't wait for a release.
>> Okay, my releases are out now (Gwenhywfar 5.5.1 and AqBanking 6.2.6).
> For macOS users GnuCash-Intel-4.4-2.dmg with it is on Sourceforge at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/4.4/
> The sea-256 is 63e1c1a9965c02f79c25f397907b4c40e61bb13836cd5e05b2f1e9d902a9664f.
> A new flatpack GnuCash-4.4-4 will be available on flathub as soon as it finishes building.
> Windows users will be able to use tomorrow's nightly from https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint.
Some followup notes: Before building the dmg I made sure that I could connect to my USAA accounts. I found a few anomalies on macOS; I'll test again on Linux before I file bugs on AQBanking, but in the meantime I was slowed down by the following:
I tried a generated UUID for ClientID. That got me an authorization failure so I switched to the one posted earlier. Since AFAIK UUIDS are a non-reversible hash I suspect that the server program has a list of Client UUIDs associated with various versions of Quicken. Connections with other UUIDs aren't allowed. To test that hypothesis we'll need to run more MITM attacks with Quicken sessions and collect the UUIDs for comparison.
USAA changed the account number on my credit card account, so I had to retrieve my accounts again in the AQBanking Wizard. I encountered a few problems with that process:
* If the old account was present it wasn't overwritten: I had to remove the old USAA accounts first.
* The downloaded accounts weren't associated with the right AQBanking user. Each had to be edited to set the correct one.
* The BankID and Bank Name were set to a string of 0s on the credit card account. I didn't try connecting with the 0s but changed both as Bob White has done.
Once all of that was sorted out I was able to import my credit card statements. Haven't tested the bank account yet.
More information about the gnucash-devel