[GNC-dev] GnuCash 4.4 tests failing

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jan 3 12:18:23 EST 2021

> On Jan 3, 2021, at 5:12 AM, Manfred Usselmann <manfred at usselmann.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm building GnuCash 4.4 for Void Linux. The build itself is successful and GC seems to run ok, but when I run the test suite with the released code some test do fail:
>
>    96% tests passed, 4 tests failed out of 111
>
>    The following tests FAILED:
>             31 - test-qof (Subprocess aborted)
>             54 - test-gnc-numeric (Failed)
>             55 - test-gnc-timezone (Failed)
>             56 - test-gnc-datetime (Failed)
>
> For details see attached log. Can this be ignored and the package released despite of these failed tests?

The failures appear to be down to your not having the fr_FR and de_DE locales installed and to not having time zone info support. The locales are needed only for testing, but if TZ info is an optional package on Void Linux then it should be added as a package dependency. If TZ info is installed and GnuCash can't find it then you need to figure out exactly what's going wrong.

Regards,
John Ralls