[GNC-dev] New OFX Requirements For USAA FSB

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 28 23:23:10 EST 2021

> On Jan 28, 2021, at 5:01 PM, Bob White via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Not sure if this is the proper channel, but USAA Federal Savings Bank has deprecated older QWIN OFX support.
>
> I have confirmed with the bank this occurred on 27 Jan 2021.
>
> Using a trial subscription for Quicken for Mac, I have an OFX log for new syncing sequence with USAA.
>
> Here's a snippet:
>
> 2021-01-28 16:50:44 +0000: Request to: https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx (BID 67811)
> Full request body string:
> OFXHEADER:100
> DATA:OFXSGML
> VERSION:103
> SECURITY:NONE
> ENCODING:USASCII
> CHARSET:1252
> COMPRESSION:NONE
> OLDFILEUID:NONE
> NEWFILEUID:NONE
>
> <OFX>
> <SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
> <SONRQ>
> <DTCLIENT>20210128115044.978[-5:EST]
> <USERID>XXXX
> <USERPASS>XXXXXX
> <GENUSERKEY>N
> <LANGUAGE>ENG
> <FI>
> <ORG>USAA Federal Savings Bank
> <FID>67811
> </FI>
> <APPID>QMOFX
> <APPVER>2300
> <CLIENTUID>xxxxxxxx-DB64-4AC0-A835-xxxxxx840640
> </SONRQ>
> </SIGNONMSGSRQV1>
> <PROFMSGSRQV1>
> <PROFTRNRQ>
> <TRNUID>xxxxxxxx-8F48-47B5-A984-xxxxxx03392E
> <PROFRQ>
> <CLIENTROUTING>MSGSET
> <DTPROFUP>xxxx0101
> </PROFRQ>
> </PROFTRNRQ> </PROFMSGSRQV1>
> </OFX>
>
> I have edited the online banking user and account files to the point where I think they should reflect the above settings, but to no avail.  What is the proper way to debug new OFX setup?  Can it be done here or should I be talking specifically with the aqbanking team?

I've copied the AQBanking developer, Martin Preuß, in the hope he might have some suggestions.

I've been using QWIN 2300, header version 102 for some time with no problem until you mentioned it today. Changing to 103 and adding a Client UID one at a time didn't help.

Not mentioned in your emails is the response from USAA: A webpage reporting a server error instead of the usual 50x HTTP response code.

Also not mentioned in your emails: I suppose that you were able to download your transactions successfully with Quicken. Do you think you could install Wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/#download) and collect what Quicken is sending?

Regards,
John Ralls