[GNC-dev] Toolbar Style

Taull Boi taullboi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 09:25:00 EST 2021

Hi,

I am using gnucash 4.4 on Windows. I find that the gnucash toolbar style
does not change even though I have correctly configured the toolbar style
settings in gtk-3.0/Settings.ini as follows:

[Settings]
gtk-toolbar-style = GTK_TOOLBAR_TEXT

This problem appears to have been discussed below:

http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GNC-Toolbar-ignoring-gtk-toolbar-style-setting-in-Ubuntu-18-04-Bionic-tt4699591.html

I was looking at the gnucash source code and the toolbar style seems to be
hardcoded in the following locations:

./gnome/window-reconcile.c:1699:        gtk_toolbar_set_style
(GTK_TOOLBAR(widget),
./gnome-utils/gnc-embedded-window.c:302:        gtk_toolbar_set_style
(GTK_TOOLBAR(priv->toolbar),
./gnome-utils/gnc-main-window.c:3964:        gtk_toolbar_set_style
(GTK_TOOLBAR(priv->toolbar),

I was wondering why this is done.

Thanks for your time.