[GNC-dev] „Accruals are potentially missing as account_types in the db scheme

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:02:59 EDT 2022

Alex,

I've been able to find out a bit more about the eBilanz format from this site
http://www.fractalexperience.com/xbrl/web/?h=be50b430c57f45244ba9e9a5.c8e28feef1a872188bcc479a
The bs.eqLiab.accruals descriptor appears to apply to accounts in equity for
Provisions for future liabilities where the liability accrues on a periodic
basis, e.g. pensions which accrue with length of service.

Similarly the bs.eqLiab.equity represents similar accounts in equity  which are
intended to cover certain other contingencies, retained earnings , profit and
loss etc.

The bs.eqLiab.liab class applies to the general class of liabilities which the
eBilanz seems to report as a general class under equity which is OK as both
liabilities and Equity have the same deit/credit meanings.

The classes all appear to be subclasses of either Equity and/or Liabilities and
not specific classes of accounts in their own right. I tried to have a look at
the eBilanz online submission site (
https://www.ebilanzonline.de/digitaler-finanzbericht/#c424) to see if I could
find out what the required input was and how to present it but that is not
possible without registration.

It would appear their site (see FAQs on it) can import data from an Excel
spreadsheet interface and the mapping of your accounts onto the classes can
similarly be constructed in an Excel spreadsheet and imported in that format.
Since LibreOffice can export spreadsheets in the Excel 2003 format so it should
be possible to get data in even if you are not a Microsoft user.

I went through a similar effort with the Australian system when they introduced
digital business reporting and found it equally confusing. I gave up there as it
has not yet been applied to individuals tax reporting and I am no longer
operating a business, but that will no doubt happen in the future.

David Cousens