[GNC-dev] Finance::Quote and the Toronto Stock Exchange

gnu Gord gnucashgord at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 19:21:09 EST 2022

I can only offer speculations as I was not the one to change the name of
the module and don't know the reasoning behind it. I suspect it has
something to do with where the stock quotes can be found. The website and
organization represented there is called The TMX and it seems to encompass
several exchanges. Have a look here:
https://www.tmx.com/tmx-group/tmx-group-companies

The Toronto Stock Exchange is still called The TSX but this website
(frontend?) can also get quotes from the TSX Venture Exchange and the
Montreal Exchange, to name a couple. In fact, if you append "*:us*" to a
stock symbol it will get quotes from the NYSE in USD.

Sorry, that's about all the light I can shed on the subject.

Because the name of the exchange hasn't changed do you still think the
manual needs to be changed? I see this as more of an internal change to
point GnuCash at the correct module in Finance::Quote, nothing else really
changes, does it?

Gord