Installation on Solaris 8

Jon Saperia saperia@mediaone.net
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:12:00 -0500

> I don't know much about Solaris, but I thought that file
> was a Solaris package. Do you get an error if you try to
> use it that way?

Thanks. I have tried a variety of ways:

pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
    - bad format in datastream table-of-contents
pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from
</export/home/jon/GNUcash.1.4.9.Solaris.8.sparc>

pkgadd -d ./GNUcash.1.4.9.Solaris.8.sparc.pkg
pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
    - bad format in datastream table-of-contents
pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from
</export/home/jon/GNUcash.1.4.9.Solaris.8.sparc.pkg>

I have added other packages to the system without much trouble. I do not
do it frequently so maybe I have missed something.

/jon