How do I turn off backups?

Leigh Wedding lwedding@bigpond.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:19:41 +1100

--Boundary-=_nWlrBbmQBhCDarzOwKkYHIDdqSCD

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
>Jack McKinney writes:
> >     Is there a way that I can keep Gnucash from creating the backup a=
nd
> > log files other than just deleting them every time?
> >=20
>=20
>No, but it wouldn't be hard to write a shell script to start up
>gnucash, and delete the log/backup files at exit if you really wanted.
>
>The log/backup file scheme is going to change for 2.0.

>Robert Merkel=09                           rgmerk@mira.net
>
>"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going=20
>forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military=20
>close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.=20

Jack,

I have written a short script to delete backup files older than 31
days, you may find it useful.  You can change the 31 to any value you
like.  Change "personal.xac" to whatever your filename is.

--=20
Leigh Wedding
Melbourne/Australia
email: lwedding@bigpond.com
http://users.bigpond.com.au/lwedding/

--Boundary-=_nWlrBbmQBhCDarzOwKkYHIDdqSCD

IyEgL2Jpbi9zaAoKZWNobyAiRGVsZXRpbmcgLi4uIgpmaW5kIC1tdGltZSArMzEgLW5hbWUgcGVy
c29uYWwueGFjLlwqIC1leGVjIGxzIC1sIHt9IFw7IC1leGVjIHJtIHt9IFw7CmVjaG8gIkRvbmUh
IgoK

--Boundary-=_nWlrBbmQBhCDarzOwKkYHIDdqSCD--