Quicken import: split transactions, reconciled transactions...

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:09:46 -0600

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 09:47:25AM -0800, Michael W. Carney wrote:
> I've got thousands of transactions, and the import feature of gnucash
> worked wonderfully. I'm very impressed.

Great! I'm glad it worked for you.

> 1) After the import, all transactions which were reconciled in my
> quicken accounts show up as cleared in gnucash. Any suggestions on how I
> should get my accounts reconciled as they were in quicken?

This is a bug in the 1.4.x QIF importer that's fixed in the 1.5.x
series.  I had thought the bugfix was back-ported already; I'll have a
look and see what's going on.

> 2) I've got a couple of mortgages, with split transactions for
> principal, escrow, etc. I see that gnucash has converted these splits
> into multiple entries, account "split". I can't jump to this "account",
> so split must be a special category.

"split" just means the transaction has splits, and you need to be in a
different display mode to see them all.  You want "multi-line" or one
of the "auto" modes, under the Register/Style menu in the register
display.

Bill Gribble