Mortgages and other "loan" types?

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:20:32 -0500

In a message dated: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 04:06:49 PST
Dave Peticolas said:

>There are pieces of what you need in the current CVS version.
>There is a financial calculator dialog where you can enter
>payment amount, principal, interest rate, etc., and it will
>solve for the remaining variable.

Is this the 1.5.x branch ?

>There is also code to create a payment schedule, but it has
>not been incorporated into the GUI.

Oh, okay.  Then I probably can't do much with it, since I know neither guile,
scheme, or anything about GUI development :)

>> Is there a description of the file format for the .xac file that GnuCash
>> uses some where on the website and maybe some example perl code I could
>> look at to learn how to parse it?
>
>The CVS version uses an XML format -- it's fairly straightforward
>once you take a look at it, but feel free to ask additional questions.

Oh, okay, so this stuff is completely re-designed for the 1.5.x branch?
I assume that means the gnucash.xac file will be deprecated once 1.5 reaches a
stable point?

Thanks a bunch, I'll start poking around this weekend sometime :)
--
Happy New Year,

Seeya,
Paul
----
	   I'm in shape, my shape just happens to be pear!