Help with stock/currency changes

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:53:49 -0600

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 12:04:25AM +0100, Luke Diamand wrote:
> The problem I have is this. Last financial year, the company I work for
> changed from being a UK company to a US company. I had a handful of the
> UK company shares and these were taken away and replaced with shiny new
> US shares.
>
> So - how do I represent this in gnucash?

This problem will get a lot easier when some planned changes make it
into the 1.5 tree.  It's related to the problem of foreign currency
exchange, and to the problem of stock splits.  For the time being, you
can just make up a price and do it as you describe, but it's not going
to be very fun... the register doesn't like to let you do this kind of
stuff.  Within the next couple of months, this should be fixed in the
1.5 series.

b.g.