Some questions

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:50:14 -0600 (CST)

In gnucash, you can create an account which counts 'hours'. We don't
have an explicit account type for this, but you could create a 'stock'
account, where the 'security' was 'hours'.  Your billable rate (dollars
per hour) would be the 'stock price'.  I haven't thought this one
through really, though.

Gnucash doesn't automatically do time-tracking.

(e.g. there is a cute little gnome timer applet that allows you to set
a bunch of categories, and then punch a button.   The clock ticks until
you turn it off,  and so you can see how you spent the hours of the day.
There might be something cute to this if this could spit out a qif or
an gnucash xml file with the actual time data in it ... )

--linas