gnc-prices is toast?

Jeff Clark jeffclark@linuxfan.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:34:53 -0600

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hi.
>
> This is definitely my package, built for Red Hat 6.2.  I cannot
> reproduce the problem you are having on my system.  This implies that
> either I have a non-standard system, or you do not have one of the
> 'required' RPMs installed correctly.
>
> For example, what version of swig do you have installed?  What version
> of slib do you have installed?
>
> -derek

Shouldn't RPM complain if I try to install a package for which required
RPMs are missing?  I got no such complaints when I installed gnucash.
Anyhoo, to answer your questions:

nogates 8> ls -ld /usr/local/lib/swig*
drwxr-xr-x   9 root     root         1024 Nov 16 20:47
/usr/local/lib/swig1.3
drwxr-xr-x   8 root     root         1024 Oct 13  1999
/usr/local/lib/swig_lib

nogates 2> rpm -qa | grep slib
slib-2c6-1

> Derek Atkins writes:
>
> It's also possible you have more than one version of gnucash
> installed.
> Perhaps one that was created for /usr/local, instead of /usr, which
> would explain the wrong directory names.

Well, that's certainly possible.  I've been putzing around with gnucash
quite a bit lately, including downloading the source and trying to
build/install from that, to get around my problem, so it's hard to say
exactly what I have installed now.  However, as I mentioned before,
adding the path Dave suggested did solve the problem.

One more point: I not a Perl hacker and I haven't installed any Perl
modules other than what I need to get this running.  If gnucash depends
upon Perl modules that are not part of the standard Perl distribution
(as it apparently does), the installation should be made dependent upon
those modules somehow (or they should be included in the gnucash RPM).

--
Jeff Clark                         | mailto:jeffclark@linuxfan.com
"Too soon old, too late smart."    | http://www.linuxfan.com/~jeffclark