Two Accounts Created Using Import QIF Files

Richard Court av4@visto.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:35:14 -0700

As a first-timer, I downloaded my chequing account QIF file from my bank =
and used the IMPORT QIF FILES dialog to load the file and to create an ac=
count using the DEFAULT QIF ACCOUNT []AUTO function. Aside: I didn't have=
 any success creating my own account and having it show up in the IMPORT =
QIF FILES dialog.

After clicking OK GNUcash created two bank accounts:
=09|-pcf
=09|-Unspecified

The first bank account 'pcf' was the name of my QIF file (pcf.qif). Both =
accounts, when opened, contain the same identical data of say 30 transact=
ions.

What should I do to set the account structure up properly? Which account =
should I delete? What account edits are necessary?

How should I have set up the bank account and imported the QIF file in th=
e first place? What should I do when importing future transactions?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Richard
__
Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications cente=