A few questions from a keen newbie

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 02:04:55 -0700

"Chris Friedl" writes:

> I noticed in the examples from earlier builds that there are cases where =
> a transaction is split. What is this and why, when and how do I do it? I =
> see no split selection in any dialog.

You can enter split transactions in multi-line and auto-single and auto-
double modes. You can switch to these modes using the menu bar in the
register window.

> Also, in multiline register views there are action functions. What are =
> these and why and when would I use them?

These are not functions, just informative fields that you can use to
identify transactions in addition to the description and memo fields.

dave