How I install the GnuCash at SUCE

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:15:33 +1100

Julio Oliveira writes:
 > Sorry by my English.
 > I have download the directory off Suce GnuCash, how I install it.
 >
 > Tanks in advanced

I presume you have downloaded the files from

ftp://ftp.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/suses-6.x/1.4.x

You need at least:

slib-2.8-1suse.noarch.rpm
gnucash-1.4.3-1.i386.rpm

Install slib first using the rpm command (type man rpm at the command
prompt to find out how rpm works), and then install gnucash in the
same manner.

Note that you also need to have installed guile, perl, and the gnome
libraries (it doesn't matter if you also have KDE installed as long as
the GNOME *libraries* are present) to run GnuCash.

The RPM from ftp.gnucash.org may not work with SuSE 7.x.  SuSE 7.x
comes with a recent version of gnucash on the CD, I believe.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net