Expenses and pre-taxed salaries: proper way to enter them?

Andrea Borgia bab0069@iperbole.bologna.it
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:29:47 +0200

Hi.

When you're paid for a job, you get back the expenses too. Is it
correct to enter the reimbursement in a subaccount of Income?

I have filed each expense in a subaccount of Expense, so a possible
answer is yes, but on the other hand it is not a real income, it's
just my money coming back.

A related question: how do you file a check for the net payment of a
job? Straight away from your checking account to Income or in Income
in part from the checking account and in part to the taxes account ?
I'd like my "job" account to show only taxable (not taxed) income, but
I also want to keep a count of the taxes I've paid.

I know much depends on what I want my accounting to tell me, but I'd
like to know how the professionals deal with this situations.

TIA,
Andrea.

--
Alias:  borgia@students.cs.unibo.it