Expenses and pre-taxed salaries: proper way to enter them?

Andrea Borgia bab0069@iperbole.bologna.it
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:15:15 +0200

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 14:19:13 -0700, you wrote:

>> reimbursement+				reimbursement
>> realpaycheck		going to	net pay
>> 					taxes
>Just add another split for the reimbursement amount which credits
>the reimbursement account.

I don't follow you: apparently, you're suggesting what I've already
done and this way the reimbursement appears as an work-related income
while it is simply that, a reimbursement.

This is the current layout, seen from the bank register:

Desc:			Account		Deposit		Withdrawal
Net pay			bank		2273950
Gross amount		Income:Work	2535940		***
Reimbursement		Income:Reimb.	245200
Pre-taxes		Income:PreT			the rest

My point is that the check amount can't be changed in the bank
register because doing so would create a mismatch with the bank
statement and I don't want the Gross amount to include the
reimbursement amount simply because it has to be greater than that.
I'd like to split "***" so that only Net+pre-taxes go to income, while
the check amount stays the same.

TIA,
Andrea.

--