Some suggestions

Rob Walker rob@valinux.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:20:59 -0700 (PDT)

Andrea> On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 14:09:29 -0700, you wrote:

>> Reply-to's are considered bad:
>> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Andrea> I've read and understood that document, but I rather strongly
Andrea> disagree with its author. I have a comment that I might send
Andrea> you offlist if you're interested.

>> Consider configuring your mailer to automatically add the cc line.

Andrea> This I consider a bad thing: every time I get a reply from you
Andrea> or other people on the list, I get two copies and I have to
Andrea> check in the list itself to see if it was a private reply or
Andrea> not (granted, I could look at the headers to get the same
Andrea> info, but then again why have separate folders for each list
Andrea> and for personal mail when you still have to look at the
Andrea> headers?). Not to mention the fact that list processing load
Andrea> is doubled for no good reason.

#sort out all duplicate emails.
:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 16000 /home/rob/Mail/msgid.cache

rob