problem switching from 1.4.1 to 1.4.6

fred smith fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 14:44:53 -0400

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 09:35:31AM +0200, Hans de Graaff wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us wrote:
>
> > This weekend I cleared out some space on her box and installed RH
> > 6.2 (same as what I'm running) on hers, copied the xac and log files
> > from my box to hers (put 'em in her ~/gnucash directory) then
> > downloaded and installed 1.4.6 from the RH 6.x RPM.
>
> If you only copied the .xac and .log files that may be the
> problem. The .xac are backup files, and the .log files are log files,
> but there should also be the actual file itself.
>
> > Just now I deinstalled 1.4.1 and installed 1.4.6 on _my_ box and
> > guess what? it works fine!
>
> Because the actual file is still there.

I moved everything that seemed to belong to gnucash, what file do I need
to move, if I have in fact not moved the right one?

And why would 1.4.1 work on the same set of files 1.4.6 didn't if I had
in fact missed the actual data file itself?

Fred
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked