Hyperlinked Reports

kjordan kjordan@lulu.Colorado.EDU
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:50:21 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

   I use reports a lot to get a quick snapshot of what's going with my
accounts -- particularly the Profit and Loss report.  Something that
would be *extremely* useful for me is if some reports contained
hyperlinks which linked to other reports.  In particular, it would be
really nice if all the accounts listed in the Profit and Loss report
were hyperlinked to the Account Balance Tracker report for that
particular account.  Then, when I'm looking at the pnl report, I could
just click on, say, my Expenses/Entertainment account and up would pop
the Account Balance Tracker report for Expenses/Entertainment.  Is
such a thing possible?

   I have been able to alter some of the reports -- for example, I
figured out how to change the default date ranges for various reports
-- but I don't know at all how I would go about inserting hyperlinks
to other reports, or even if such a thing is possible.  I don't know
scheme, and my lisp is very rudimentary (at the level of simple .emacs
stuff).

Jordan