Invoicing?

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes@csi.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:58:24 -0500

Hello all,

I tried GNUcash a few months ago and it seemed really good.  However, as
far as I could tell it lacked invoicing so I couldn't use it.  I am a
consultant and I bill my clients monthly by job for example: office
visit  2 hrs  $65 which can occur multiple times in one month.
Additionally, the client payment does not usually come in on time (1
month) so I need to check them off as paid as they come in.  I'm
currently using the little Invoicing doohickey wizard that comes with
the dreaded MS Excel 97.  While limited, it is adequate but I'd like to
use something open source with more possibility of 'real' accounting.
How far along is GNUcash in this respect? Are there other open source
solutions that might do this?

Thanks,

-- IV