Invoicing?

Al B. Snell alaric@alaric-snell.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:11:11 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Ignacio Valdes wrote:

> I tried GNUcash a few months ago and it seemed really good.  However, as
> far as I could tell it lacked invoicing so I couldn't use it.  I am a
> consultant and I bill my clients monthly by job for example: office
> visit  2 hrs  $65 which can occur multiple times in one month.
> Additionally, the client payment does not usually come in on time (1
> month) so I need to check them off as paid as they come in.  I'm
> currently using the little Invoicing doohickey wizard that comes with
> the dreaded MS Excel 97.  While limited, it is adequate but I'd like to
> use something open source with more possibility of 'real' accounting.
> How far along is GNUcash in this respect? Are there other open source
> solutions that might do this?

When I issue an invoice, I make a transfer from an Income account for
Sales to a Trade Debtors asset account. I keep Sales and Trade Debtors
accounts for each client. When they pay, I transfer from Trade Debtors to
Cash or Bank as appropriate.

Any ideas where I should handle VAT here, UK people?

ABS

--

 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RF.Cx/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/