tracking cash

Michael P. Soulier msoulier@storm.ca
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 22:45:24 -0400

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 10:25:17PM -0400, James LewisMoss wrote:

> Every once in a while I go "I probably spent about 80% of this on
> lunches and some percent on something else and some percent on
> something else" and I make up fake transactions transferring 80% of the
> money in the cash account to Expenses:Food:Dining-Out and the same for
> the rest.

    So, how do you know if those transactions balance? You can reconcile a
bank account with your statement, but how do you know the other accounts
balance?
    I realize that this is a basic gnucash question, but I don't think I've
quite "gotten it" yet.

    Thanks,

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a