Monthly tasks?

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
05 Apr 2001 17:35:15 -0400

 Jean-David> Guido Milanese wrote:

 >> I am a new user of gnucash and I think it's really a good
 >> program. I have a question. In another accounting program i used
 >> under Windows there was a useful feature: it was possible to
 >> 'plan' in advance e.g.  regular monthly tasks (as salary); more
 >> generally, it was possible to instruct the program to enter
 >> scheduled transactions. This was useful also as a reminder for
 >> deadlines.  Is it possible to do the same using gnucash?

 Jean-David> It sounds as though you are referring to the "Scheduled
 Jean-David> Transactions" of Quicken. If I understand correctly, this
 Jean-David> is on the wish-list for GnuCash, and someone may even be
 Jean-David> developing it.

Someone is working on it.  It's not expected to be finished for 1.6,
but shortly thereafter.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!