Install oddity?

Ben Stanley bds02@uow.edu.au
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:03:44 +1000

> Anyway, now that I have it, my lpd no longer works. When I
> try to print something, I get:
>
>     [andyw@discipline andyw]$ lpr speakeasy.txt
>     lpr: error while loading shared libraries: lpr: undefined symbol:
stat

Verify your lpr installation:

rpm --verify LPRng

Mine comes back with no message to indicate no problems.

You can also try erasing it and re-installing it from your RH CD:

rpm --erase LPRng  (some other things may depend on it...)
rpm --install LPRng-3.6.24-2.i386.rpm

Ben.

--
Ben Stanley               |    barf  [ba:rf]  2.  "He suggested using FORTRAN,
PhD Student               |       and everybody barfed." - From the Shogakukan