Single Entry

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:59:06 -0700

"SoftHome" writes:
> OK,  I've just spent about 2 hours going through the documentation.  It would
> appear that my QIF file gets imported as a double entry.  I would like it to
> single entry, or at least the appearance of single entry, but as far as I can
> tell, this isn't possible.  So.... I suppose I will have to print out a repor
> and manually enter a couple hundred transactions.  Damn.  Oh well.

The problem you are reporting, if I understand it, is not a double-entry
problem. Double-entry means each transaction has at least two parts, a
'from' account and a 'to' account. It doesn't mean every transaction
shows up twice in the same account.

Did you import the qifs together? In other words, every qif you
want to load should be listed in the 'Loaded Files' section before
you hit 'Ok'.

dave