Reconciled statements

Marcel Felgentraeger marcel.felgentraeger@gmx.de
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:22:02 +0200

Am Samstag, 21. April 2001 23:45 schrieb Dave Peticolas:
> Wesley Sheldahl writes:
> > So, I'd like to propose adding the statement date to the cleared flag, or
> > some way to save that information so we can report by statement.  Being
> > able to close out the books on a year would also be helpful.  Any
> > suggestions for my current predicament would be welcome as well.  Thanks.
>
> Gnucash 1.6.0 will store statement dates with the cleared splits,
> and you can sort the register by statement date. You can't currently
> search on statement date, but we might be able to add that.
>
> As far as your problem goes:
>
> Possibly, you transfered the payment to a different account or
> didn't specify a transfer account at all. Try searching for
> transactions in your checking account with the amount the loan
> payment would have been for.

Hello everybody.

I have found a similar problem as mentioned above. I have bought a new
software and entered it on the day I spent the money. Every time I go to the
bank I get a printout and reconcile my accounts on that day. As far as I
remember I have reconciled that transaction as well, only I might have added
it in the reconcilation window a second time, since I did not find it at
first. After I had reconciled all transactions there was one left, which was
the later added software buy.

So I left the reconcilation window and deleted one of those entries. I guess
I deleted the balanced on and no I have an unbalanced record of a balanced
transaction in the guts of my account, which I could not get lost or
reconcile without having an error. Is there a way to clear this, other than
to uncheck all the transactions and do the whole thing again? Currently I
have the software buy added to my computer expenses and transfered the money
to an equity account. Thus I know how much I spent on software, but ... well
I think its not very accurate :)

Thanks for any help.
Marcel