Newbie questions

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:24:23 -0500

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 03:04:47PM +0000, Gerd Arlitt was heard to remark:
> Hello list,
>
> I am new here and don't know yet if gnucash will fit my needs. I don't
> know Quicken either. But I urgently need to set up an accounting system
> for my (very)small business.
>
> Somewhere I read that someone had translated gnucash to German language.
> What do I have to do i.o. to get the German vesion. On my Debian machine
> I set everything up for an English environment but for German keymaps.
> Any hints ?

By default, when you install gnnucash, you get all of the language
translations.

export LANG=de_DE
will cause gnucash to use the german menus.

The documentation hasn't been translated.

> Can I handle prepaid taxes (the German "Vorsteuer") with gnucash?

not automatically.

> Are there any references to sites with more indephth information?

http://www.gnucash.org/de/
http://www.hthoma.de/projekte/gnucash/index.html

--linas