AW: AW: Reconciled statements

Felgentraeger, Marcel m.felgentraeger@medigene.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:20:29 +0200

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:	Dave Peticolas [SMTP:dave@krondo.com]
> Gesendet am:	Mittwoch, 25. April 2001 11:12
> An:	Felgentraeger, Marcel
> Cc:	gnucash-user@lists.gnumatic.com
> Betreff:	Re: AW: Reconciled statements=20
>=20
> "Felgentraeger, Marcel" writes:
> >=20
> > The problem is, that all the balances are correct. What gnucash =
shows me
is
> > exactly what
> > my bank thinks I got. Thats true for every transaction and balance =
made
> > since then. If I enter
> > the 100$ now, gnucash treats it as a new transaction, therefore =
shows me
> > 100$ less than I got,
> > since gnucash thinks that the deleted transaction is still there =
and
> > everything is fine. I tried reentering,
> > but I didn't adjust the balance. I will try this. Maybe it works. =
Will
keep
> > you informed :)
>=20
> If you bank account in gnucash is missing the transaction, how is it
> than it shows you the same balance as your bank ?

Guess thats the problem. I had this transaction entered twice, =
reconciled
the whole thing,
thereby leaving one of those two unchecked. Therefore all balances are
correct, gnucahs, bank
and so forth. Only difference: the one transaction I entered twice, but
there should have been
no problem, since it was not reconciled. So I deleted that transaction. =
Or
so I thought.=20

Next time I reconciled I had that transaction in the reconciled window, =
not
reconciled. Thus I think
I deleted the allready reconciled transaction. If I reconciled the now =
shown
transaction I got unbalanced
accounts, thus I didn't do it and deleted it =3D> I now have balanced
accounts, but no trace of the=20
mentioned transaction. If I reenter it and try to reconcile I get =
unbalanced
accounts and have those
100$ less money. :-(=20

marcel