installation: guile 1.4 trouble

Steve Petersen spetey@umich.edu
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 22:43:19 -0400

Hi folks,

Thanks for your help with the gnome-print installation issue; exporting
a GNOME_PATH variable helped a lot.  Since then I fulfilled the next few
requests of the all-demanding gnucash ./configure file:  downloading and
compiling bonobo, gal, ORBit, oaf... (I don't remember which required
which others).  Eventually guppi was demanded, and guile was demanded by
guppi.  But guile 1.4 won't install--the make gets hung up on some
inet_aton and exits out.  'inet_aton' doesn't mean anything to me,
unfortunately.

The gnucash site heavily recommends guile 1.4, but I don't know what to
do with this.

Thanks again for any help,
Steve