A couple of quickies

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:06:25 -0700 (PDT)

On 7 Aug 2001, Dave Peticolas wrote:

> For 1.4 there isn't any such thing. For 1.6 you can (or should be able to)
> make a book from the sgml sources. However, those docs don't apply to 1.4
> in many cases.

  Oh. OK. In other words, I can do it, but it won't do me any good. :-)

  For some reason, I'm having mechanical difficulties in figuring out in
what register I'm supposed to be working at any given time. For example, I'm
in the Assets | Checking Account register and I go to enter a check. Put in
the number, the date, and the payee. Move to 'transfer' and click on the
icon. I see all the asset accounts and the main liability account, but none
of the expense accounts. Same thing with making a deposit: can't access the
income accounts.

  So, I assume that it's user error and I want to find where in the docs I
read what I'm doing wrong.

Gracias,

Rich