Incorrect fill-in using auto-split

Dale Alspach alspach@math.okstate.edu
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:17:06 -0500

Gnucash has a counterproductive behavior (or maybe I am not doing something
the way it was intended). If I am entering transaction into a checking
account with auto-split on (gnucash 1.6.1), gnucash automatically
puts into  a new transaction a number obtained from the last transaction
entered. For example I pay a bill for $20. The next transaction is to pay
another bill. I partially enter the name in the memo field and gnucash
suggests the correct completion so I hit Enter. Now gnucash has put 20 in the
checking account deposit column. Now I have to delete that number and put the
correct amount in the withdrawal column. I would rather gnucash did nothing
or duplicate an earlier transaction with the same memo field.

A second annoyance is that when entering a split gnucash keeps moving the
bank account line down after each split line is entered. Then I have to
skip past it for the next split.

Dale Alspach