gnucash newbie question

Dale Alspach alspach@math.okstate.edu
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:56:05 -0500

My suggestion (I am not accountant either) would be to make 4 income
accounts (you could have subaccounts if you want to track sources) one for
each of Thomas, Jeremy, Jeroen, and Peter. Then create some bank accounts
or an asset account with bank and cash accounts as subaccounts of the house
asset account. Is it important to track the linkage between the income
source and the expense? or is it really that each must pay 1/4 of
everything? If the latter then you can just make expense accounts for each
type of expense. For the former I am not sure what to recommend, but you
may need subaccounts of expense accounts for each person or actually to
segregate funds in subaccounts of the house asset account according to the
source.

Dale Alspach