more gnucash scripts and reports?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:56:47 +1000

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:01:19 Matt Kowske wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i joined this list primarily to ask one question and do a little snooping
> for some useful information.  I've been using gnucash since v1.4 and I
> really like the new features in 1.6.  The reports are nice, but I wish
> there were more, and more detailed.  I know there is a scripting language
> where one can make their own reports, but i don't really have the time to
> learn it and was wondering if there is some place where one can download
> more reports for gnucash?  i figured with it's expandability a place like
> this must exist, but I couldn't find anything searching Google.  Please
> let
> me know, any help is appreciated.

The scripting language the reports are written in is called scheme - or,
more
specifically, the scheme dialect supported by guile, the GNU scheme
interpreter.

For more information on scheme, read the guile documentation or have a look
at http://www.schemers.org for more information.

If you download the source for gnucash you can poke around in the report
source code to get an idea of what's going on.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig