more gnucash scripts and reports?

Matt Kowske jmkowske@students.wisc.edu
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:44:31 -0500

hello,

i'm fairly new to the gnucash world and have just recently started tracking
all my expenses.  i am writing for some advice from you seasoned users out
there.  I have my Income and Expense categories setup very nicely except for a
small detail.  Often times I will pay for my friends meals or something from
the store and they pay me back when they get a chance.  This makes it
difficult for me to enter the transaction into gnucash because when I loan
money to someone... well I lose money, but it isn't exaclty an expense because
i  get it back.  Right now I have an expense category called Loan for it, and
an income category called Payback for when I get paid back, but this doesen't
work so well because it makes my monthly income and expense look higher than
it actually is.  any suggestions?  TIA

matt kowske