budget feature in the works?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:22:33 +1000

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:02:07 Matt Kowske wrote:
> i used to use MS Money and liked the way you were able to set budgets.
> is there
> any feature like this planned for gnucash?  i am a student in school
> (read: i am
> on a VERY strict budget) and it would be nice if I could set budgets for
> different expense categories on a monthly basis.  then  I would be able
> to see
> reports as to if I am over my budget, or under ... and add up the surplus
> money.
> just a suggested feature, what does everyone think?

This is probably our second-most requested "personal accounting" feature,
after scheduled transactions.  We're currently hard at work on scheduled
transactions :)

Seriously, there has been some preliminary work done in the area, but
nobody
has really nutted down and put in the work to make a full-featured
budgeting system yet.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig