gnome-print complie error

greg@gregandeva.net greg@gregandeva.net
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:06:24 -0600

--------------3975D7548A16D0BEAF87E8E8

gman wrote:

> checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >=0.21... did not find any version
> configure: error: GNOME-PRINT not found or wrong version

This may or may not be the same problem I encountered. WARNING: This fix
is not the "right" fix. I cannot guarantee this will make it possible to
configure gnucash or that it will work correctly if you do, or that you
won't immediately encounter some other unrelated problem when you
"fix" this one.

That said, when I ran into this, I looked at the configure script and
saw that it was calling gnome-config. gnome-config is also a shell
script that checks to see what version of GNOME programs and libraries
are on the system. Each package is expected to place a file in /usr/lib.
The package gnome-blah would create a file /usr/lib/blahConf.sh, which
basically just sets some shell variables (obviously intended to be
sourced by other shell scripts). There is at least one gnome-print RPM
out there that does not create this file. I had to create it manually.
When I did that, I was able to proceed with configure, compile, and
install for GnuCash 1.6.1. It has worked fine for me since.

Attached is the printConf.sh file I had to create to satisfy
gnome-config that I had a valid version of gnome-print installed.

--Greg
--------------3975D7548A16D0BEAF87E8E8

#
# Configuration file for using the gnome-print library
#
PRINT_LIBDIR="-L/usr/lib"
PRINT_LIBS="-lgnomeprint -rdynamic -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl -lgdk_imlib -lSM -lICE -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lesd -laudiofile -ldb1 -lgdk_pixbuf -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -L/usr/lib -lxml -lz "
PRINT_INCLUDEDIR="-I/usr/include -I/usr/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/gnome-xml  "
MODULE_VERSION="gnome-print-0.28"

--------------3975D7548A16D0BEAF87E8E8--